Cedarwood essential oil has a warm, relaxing aroma that is soothing when diffused. It can be used topically on skin and hair to moisturize and condition. Ancient Egyptians used Cedarwood not only in ceremonial rites, but also in many beauty preparations. Try these three methods to give your hair a healthy glow.
1. Moisturize: Deep condition your hair by adding a few drops of cedarwood to a palmful of argon or coconut oil. Add this oil blend to the roots of your hair, and then brush through. Let it stay on your hair for up to an hour before washing with warm water and rinsing with cool for a luxurious deep-conditioning treatment.
2. Care for your scalp: Add Cedarwood to the tips of your fingers for a stimulating scalp massage.
3. Polish: warm a few drops of Cedarwood in your palms, then run your hands through your hair for brilliant-looking shine.
In addition to supporting healthy-looking hair, Cedarwood also has skin-cleansing properties that help maintain the appearance of youthful skin. Give these four skin-nourishing applications a try.
4. Add Cedarwood and Lavender to witch hazel and water for a skin-loving, alcohol-free toner.
5. Add Cedarwood and Frankincense to a spray bottle of water. Use as a facial mist before applying moisturizer.
6. Add a few drops of Cedarwood to your body lotion to give extra care to all of your skin.
7. Add 3-4 drops of Cedarwood to a dry brush, and scrub dry skin patches before soaking in a warm bath.
In addition to being amazing for hair and skin, Cedarwood creates a relaxing, calming, and comforting atmosphere when used aromatically and includes naturally occurring constituents that are high in sesquiterpenes—making it an ideal addition to a soothing nighttime routine.
8. Apply 1-2 drops of Cedarwood to your pillow before going to bed.
9. Diffuse Cedarwood during meditation to create a grounding ambiance.
10.Cedarwood helps to neutralize odors. Add it to linen sprays with oils like Orange, Kunzea, or Neroli.
As you can see, Cedarwood has a wealth of uses, making it an oil we simply couldn’t go without. I love all of these uses and also love to use it in a night time roller on my toddlers!!
Orange Essential oil has a sweet, peaceful aroma. It’s very a mood booster, both calming & energizing, immunity enhancer, acne fighter, kitchen cleaner, digestion booster, natural antibacterial essential oil! Orange oil is also high in limonene (google limonene) at about 85-96%!
1. Massage in to skin for an energizing aroma (be careful in sunlight as it makes you more sensitive)
2. Add to your Thieves Household Cleaner for an added citrus scent.
3.Works as a good adhesive remover.
4.Add to your favorite diffuser blend for an uplifting and sweet aroma.
5.Add to your favorite skin cleanser or exfoliant to help reduce the appearance of blemishes or age spots.
6.Add a drop to your toothpaste to help brighten your smile.